September 28, 2012

It's All About Israeli Couscous

I love Israeli couscous.  Because I am always short on time, I typically cook a large batch of it on a Sunday.  Then I give it quick makeovers throughout the week (for lunch and dinner) - to try to squeeze at least three different meals from it.  Here are some of my favorite ways to dress up this grain:
  1. Applies and Dried Cherries
  2. Zucchini Onion Mixture
  3. Roasted Zucchini (just mix leftover roasted zucchini into couscous, warm, and serve)
  4. Sauteed Pepper (just like the Zucchini Onion Mixture, except you saute diced peppers and onion in a pan instead of zucchini and onion). 
  5. Lentils (just mix cooked lentils into the couscous, warm, and serve)
  6. Plain
  7. Greek (Zucchini Onion Mixture and Feta Cheese, and sometimes I add kalamata olives).

No comments:

Post a Comment